This course is for the experienced dinghy sailor who is hoping to attain their RYA Dinghy Instructor certificate. The course is designed to develop your understanding of the teaching techniques used within the RYA framework and is run by the Principal Derek, an RYA Coach Assessor. During the intensive week, Derek will equip you with the necessary skills to be a proficient and valuable RYA Dinghy Instructor. Our shore based facilities allow for theory preparation and our varied fleet of dinghies ensures you have the breadth of experience required to pass the course.
The instructor course is residential providing the opportunity to work in the evenings as required. Be prepared to work hard. The syllabus is extensive and preparation is required before the external examination on the Saturday.
The tidal location of Tighnabruaich Sailing School ensures that successful candidates will also gain the coastal endorsement to the Instructor award.
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Valid first aid certificate
- RYA membership
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate (can be completed weekend prior to course)
- Pre-entry assessment completed within one year of your course (this test of your sailing ability can be organised with Derek before the course)
- RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding Certificate
2017 Dates and Prices
- 10th - 15th April
- 21 - 26th August
- £375 (residential self-catering)
- Pre-entry assessment £50 (3 hours)